Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Fighting the Unseen

As I continue learning about spiritual warfare, 2 Corinthians 10:3-4 sheds an important light on spiritual warfare. It is not in the flesh, but in the spirit. I know that this bit of information may not rock your world, but let's just think about it for a minute. If the battle is in the spiritual realm, then why do we battle in the physical? If we think that going to church, getting wise counsel, reading the Bible is the way to defeat the devil, then we are mistaken because they are all physical acts. While I am not negating their importance, I am saying that the spiritual acts of warfare are what fuels the physical acts. In other words prayer is what takes the things of the mind (like Bible memorization) and activates it in the battle.

To go even further, even the armor of God is made up of things you cannot see. Read
Ephesians 6:14-18, I'll wait for you.......no, read it........go ahead, get your Bible and read.........Don't take my word, see it for yourself.........all right. Notice the armor is made of things you cannot see truth, righteousness, gospel of peace, faith, salvation, and the word of God. Even putting on the armor is in the spiritual world.

So what is the key to the spiritual world? I believe it is prayer. Prayer is the connection between the physical and spiritual. Prayer is so much more important than a blessing over meals or bedtime prayers. Prayer is being active in the fight. Churchplanting Landmines says this about prayer: Prayer is not the preparation for the battle, it is the battle.

If prayer is the key to fighting the unseen, then why am I so weak in it? Why have I not developed it? I must if I am to fight for myself, my family, my friends, my church, those who cannot fight for themselves yet? I don't know about you, but realizing the importance of prayer, it is moving to the top of my list to develop!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you notice that you can read your Bible, talk about the Lord and Satan leaves you alone. The minute you get alone and start praying, every distraction you can think of begins. The enemy know there is power on your knees! Amen and Amen!!