Thursday, June 5, 2008

One More Day of Vacation

I am sitting here looking at the ocean tonight thinking about our vacation. Tomorrow is the last full day of vacation and then we pack up Sat. and head back to Greenville. We have had such a great time that it will truly be sad when it comes to an end.

I have started posting on things I have done for the first time while on vacation, here is the list so far:

  • Climbed to the top of the fort in St. Augustine
  • Drove on the beach
  • Rode in a race car around the Daytona International Speedway
  • Gone to the beach every day
  • Buried my daughter Marissa in the sand, all except for her head
  • Went shopping without complaining
  • Visited the end of the beach, literally the rock wall where Daytona Beach ends
  • Haven't gotten sunburned (yet, still one more day)
  • Had a professional photographer take family pictures on the beach
  • Watched my daughter ride a boogey board (she is quit good) while sitting in a chair in the ocean
  • Caught a fish in the ocean. Sure it was a minnow and I did catch it with a bucket, but it is still a fish that was in the ocean

As you can see, a great vacation. Thank you to so many of you that have been praying for my health. My MS has not affected me at all. In fact, I told Karen tonight that I haven't felt this good in a long time. I tried to get her to move to Daytona for the sake of my health, but we thought it would be a long commute on Sundays to lead the Journey. Oh well!

If you do not have a vacation planned for your family, plan one right now! The rest, relaxation, adventure, and family bonding will be worth every penny you spend!

Gotta go for now and look for some more first time events to get in to. See you next week!

No comments: