Monday, June 9, 2008

Facing a New Week

So I come back home from a wonderful vacation to find that while we were gone, Greenville became the hottest place on earth! What's up with that? It was cooler at Daytona Beach -something is wrong!. Of course maybe it was hot in Daytona, but all I had to do each day is go to the beach so it did not seem as bad.

Get this, I wake up this morning with a swollen and soar throat, runny nose, sneezing, and water eyes. Again, what's up with that? It is bad enough to have to come home from vacation, but get sick on top of that - well this is not how my mental movie is playing out in my head!
But enough of my complaining, life happens and we must deal with it and move on!

So here is what is on my mind this week - what are the elements to corporate worship? I know it is kind of a deep subject, but I have been thinking about this idea of corporate worship for weeks now. I have had the opportunity to visit and preach in a lot of churches over the past few months and to be honest, I don't think many churches are having corporate worship.

If I get into all of this today, the post will be so long that I will get distracted in the middle, so for today just begin to think about this idea of corporate worship. What is it? Why do it? Can it be measured? Are there certain elements for it? I would love for this week to be interactive because I do not have an answer here - hopefully we can learn together!

No comments: