Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Importance of a Personal Vision


The conference I attended was led by Steve Cloud of the Pastor's Coaching Network. I have to say that it was probably the best conference on leadership that I have ever attended. It was packed full of truth, practical application, and real time experiences. Thanks to Steve, Trish, and Carl Martin for putting this together.


So what am I chewing on as a result of the conference? The idea of a clear vision, not just for The Journey, but for me personally. When I look at the end of my life, what do I see? What will be my legacy? How have I advanced the kingdom of God? Seeing the end result of what I want to be is vision. Once I have the vision, then I can work the plan to accomplish it.


The problem that I have is to jump to the planning stage before I have a clear God-given vision. The result of this is personal frustration because:


1. I am working a plan, but is it God's plan or mine. If I have not taken the time to discover God's vision, then how can I say I am working His plan?


2. The temptation to switch plans. If I do not see my desired results, then I will adopt another person's plan because I see greater results. I must see God's vision to achieve His results that he has planned out for me.


3. I will quit. God's vision brings God's power, patience, and hope. Without these things I will quit when the plan gets hard and tedious.


Wow! That's good stuff on the importance of the vision. I still have so much bumping around in my head so we will stick on this topic for a little while. My question today for you is; "Do you see the importance of a God given vision for your personal life? What does he want you to be?'


No comments: