Friday, May 23, 2008

TGIF

Have you ever had one of those weeks that you stopped to take a breath and bam! It's Friday! This has been a great week, but boy has it been busy! Before when I talked about being busy I would mean it was just full of projects which may or may not have been completed. Now when I talk about a busy life it is from all the opportunities that I have to meet with people. Some people within The Journey, but just as many outside of any church. That excites me because that is why I moved my family to Greenville! To impact the lives of others by building relationships with them!

That goes back to my last post about a vision for your life. Have you thought about a personal vision? As I have been chewing on this I have discovered that part of my vision is to be the best husband, father, and friend possible.

So now that I have identified this, what will I do about it? It is one thing to say it, but something totally different to put action to my words. What must I do to be the best husband? What does that look like? What about being the best father? Does that mean giving my daughters everything they desire, giving my time, or both? And as a friend, how do I become a trustworthy, loyal friend that people long for?

All questions that I must deal with to put into practice a vision for my life. This weekend, chew over your vision and what it would take for you to get there!

On another subject I am looking forward to a cookout with The Journey. It will be awesome to just spend some time with one another building relationships. Also looking forward to hearing some great music at the Handlebar and on Monday spending time with good friends.

Hope you have a great weekend.

No comments: