Friday, April 4, 2008

Fight those Feelings

I could not end the week by just expressing my feelings without encouraging you by showing you that you are not a victim to your feelings, but have been delivered. Yes, there are many days that I wonder "Why Me?" and I feel like I have made a mistake and wonder what I am doing. But I have to admit that when the feelings hit, the Spirit of God seems to take over and help me fight against them.

The danger of continuing the path of these feelings is that it will lead to hopelessness, despair, and wanting to quit. These feelings are contrary to what God told Jeremiah when he was struggling. God told Jeremiah that he was created for a future which included peace and hope (Jeremiah 29:11). When God speaks, He is always right regardless of how you feel. When the Bible instructs, it is always truth whether or not you want to hear it.

I believe that there is a major battle for the feelings of believers. The enemy is throwing out lies with the intent to put us on the sideline. We were not created to sit on a side line, but to fight in the battle. It is time for us to get off our spiritual rear ends and put on the armor of God and fight these feelings. God will give us hope, freedom, encouragement, and anything we may need. Will we trust Him with our feelings?

Next week I will be at a conference so don't now how much I will get to post, but I will be back on the blog spot next Wed. Till then...

No comments: