Thursday, April 3, 2008

Feelings of a Church Planter - Is this Faith or Stupidity?

Ok, getting back to our topic of the week which is true feelings of a church planter. My desire is to open up and share my thoughts. Maybe I should call this Confessions of a Church Planter because these are things that we faithful followers of God should have together - at least that what we tell ourselves when we go to church.

To be honest with you there have been several times (a day) that I have asked myself if I was stepping out on faith or just moving blindly in stupidity. I have already dealt with "Why Me?" and that certainly goes hand in hand with this thought. After all, leave a great position, move to the city of Greenville, move into an apartment, build relationships with lost people, and no paycheck in the deal - are you kidding me?

There are days when I wonder what have I have done to my family. This is when I feel my lack of faith, I begin to wonder and pray that I made the right decision - one led by God not by my own selfish desires.

There it is for today. Remember, I am not trying give the solution, just trying to be honest with my emotions. Maybe someone can identify. Thanks to those who have commented and given ways they deal with these emotions. Until tomorrow.

No comments: