Thursday, March 20, 2008

First Round


I am normally a Duke Blue Devils fan, but as I sat glued to the television watching the first round of the NCAA tournament, I found myself pulling for Belmont over Duke. I kept telling myself that it was all right because everyone pulls for the underdog. Unfortunately Duke barely pulled it out, but I sure was proud of the underdog.


Makes me think about how many times I feel like the underdog. The task in front of me seems ginormous! I mean, dude, I am a guy who walks with forearm crutches because of an incurable disease planting a church. Not just any church, but one that seems to go against the norm. I have to be honest, many days I feel alone and like a complete failure. Many days I look in the mirror and view an underdog.


But what keeps me going is that God sent His Son to die on the cross for the underdog (those that have no chance of winning). He died, not only to give them eternal life, but a victorious life. I must remind myself that although I may view myself as an underdog, God views me as His child. This Easter don't just celebrate Jesus, celebrate the fact that Jesus rose again to defeat death for the underdog.

No comments: