Thursday, January 10, 2008

Confusing Signs


Have you ever looked at something and thought, "That's just not right". (like the picture above) As I have been looking at myself I see some things that are just not right. One of the areas is in my definition of success. After leaving FBC Eutawville, I have been wondering how much of a success I was. Some amazing things happened: attendance was great, people seemed happy with me (pretty much), the programs of the church were good, etc. But as I reflect back, I wonder how people's lives did I impact by leading them into transformational growth with Christ?


Unfortunately I think I spent more time keeping the church running than investing into people. Maybe some of those people who got mad at me had a case. Did I spend time trying to reconnect them, or did I just write them off? Did I show the example of Jesus by not doing everything for them, but equipping them to live the life of a fully devoted follower of Christ?


Now I am not sitting here having a pity party about everything I did wrong, but I am looking at my life so I do not repeat myself. I must not define success by what I do, but by what I am! Wow, that's a good statement - feel free to use it.


So who am I? That is a question that I must ponder on a little bit - get back with you tomorrow on that.

No comments: