Thursday, December 20, 2007

Things I Will Miss


As I wander through the maze of boxes in my house and in my office, I have been thinking of things that I will miss about Eutawville (or life in a small town)

1. The relationships built that are more like family than friends

2. The fact that everyone knows your name in town (sometimes this is a negative as well)

3. That I am only 2 minutes away from the other side of town no matter where I am at in Eutawville

4. The fact that there are no red lights or four way stops

5. That people still pull over on the side of the road for funerals

6. Oddly enough, the 45 minutes it takes to drive to town (Summerville). This has been some
quality family time

7. Seeing hunters dressed in camouflage and orange lsitting by road in the back of their pick-up trucks on Saturday mornings with shotgun in hand waiting for a deer to run out
(seriously, this is not a joke)

I know I should have 5 or 10 things, but why follow the writing rules? As I walk down memory lane I am excited to have been part of something special at First Baptist Eutawville. I never thought about living in small town America, but the experience for me and my family has been wonderful. But you know, when God is in control of your life it does not matter where you live, just knowing He has a plan and a purpose for you is enough to get you through any situation.

No comments: