Saturday, December 22, 2007

Merry Christmas

Here I sit in front of a computer on the Saturday before Christmas after surviving the Christmas traffic last night. Christmas is actually upon us! I am looking forward to seeing my girls open their presents and watching family and friends open the gifts we took time picking out for them. (or should I say the time my wife spent picking out their gifts) To be honest, I am looking forward to opening my presents as well. There are several things I really want this year, I'll let you know how my mental movie goes on that.

Would I be overstating the obvious to say that we need to keep in perspective the meaning of Christmas? This Christmas is different for us than most because we will be moving from Eutawville three days after Christmas. Surprisingly it is not too stressful (yet). I guess it is not so stressful because we have been following God's lead over the past couple of months. He is guiding us to Greenville to plant a church, and we are just along for the Journey. Every situation from the selling of the house to a ground floor apartment has been divinely inspired.
This year Christmas has been more about Jesus than usual as a result. I look forward to spending a new year trusting in God for everything.

I know that many friends and family are catching up with us now since we sent you the blog site address. I hope that you have a truly Merry Christmas. Feel free to email me sometime and let me know how you are doing.

No comments: