Thursday, December 27, 2007

One Last Time

As I sit in my office at FBC Eutawville this morning, the realization of moving is hitting me. This is the last time I will be in this office as pastor. Tomorrow the truck will be loaded with our belongings and we will be off to Greenville. As I reflect back on my experience at Eutawville, I have to say that it has far exceeded my mental movie. Things did not always go the way I expected, but most times God worked things out far better than I could imagine.

While in Eutawville I learned to hunt, fish, how to eat wild game, and was even exposed to redneck terminology. But the thing I learned most was how to build lasting relationships. Funny, I thought I had the church thing figured out, but I came to a small town and learned about the fundamental building block in life - relationships. My relationship with my family has developed into a thriving, growing, experience in life. I will always thank a small town for teaching us how to spend time as a family. Also I have learned how to include others into my life for fun, teaching, encouragement, etc. For this I am eternally grateful to the members of FBC Eutawville.

As we move to Greenville I will be taking this life of building relationships with me. As a family we are facing the challenges together. I am seeking to rekindle some relationships with friends built many years ago. But I am driven to build relationships with those currently outside of the kingdom of God. I am convinced that the church must go into the world and show what a relationship with Christ looks like. We can no longer expect them to come to us- we must go.

It will be next week before we have Internet access so I will be posting after the first of the year. Until, then....

No comments: