Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Life Happens


So after my last post one of those "life happens" moments interrupted my daily routine. I had an MRI of my brain and a ton of blood work. When I saw the neurologist, he told me that the results of my test were not too good. It looks like my MS has moved to a progressive MS. What this means is that things will continue to go down hill with my health and he is not sure if it can be stopped. As a result he wants me to start taking a shot three times a week.

He proceeded to tell me that my blood work showed that my cholesterol was extremely high and that I would probably die of a heart attack before the MS could do serious damage. He was so encouraging. As a result I need medication and a major change in lifestyle (diet, exercise, remove stress, etc.). Fun stuff right before the season of eating sweets!

So for the past week I have pondered my life. I know that God loves me and has a plan for me. I understand that He is in control and that this did not take Him by surprise. The problem is that it took me by surprise. So I got off of my daily routine, changed things up, and just dealt with the situation. Sometimes I think we need to just stop and "be" for a while.

Too many times I have expected believers to bounce through the tough times in life. The reality is that when people need some time, it is not that they are denouncing God or loosing faith in Him - they just need to process what has just been dealt them.

Anyway, don't be so hard on people for taking a time out when life happens. Sometimes they need to know that you are there without you saying a word.

By the way, we are having a service at The Journey this Wed. night. If you are in the area, come and celebrate with us. Email me at mike@thejourneygreenville.com for more information. If you are not around here, will you pray for us?

No comments: