Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Faith is...

So The Journey is moving forward and we have the first worship service of the new church planned for this Sunday morning. I am excited about finally getting together to focus on one thing - God...not the mission, vision, process, etc. - we will focus on God. So why are their jitters in my stomach, and thoughts in my head that no one will come and it will be a day of discouragement? I understand that much of this is spiritual warfare, but could the warfare be a result of my lack of faith?

I went to Hebrews 11 this morning to get a little faith boost and I got more than a boost. Read Hebrews 11 and see what you think, but when I read about Noah, Abraham, Moses, those that suffered persecution - I have to say that I feel like a little boy whining about the fact that no one will come.

Where is my faith? God has clearly led me to Greenville, SC to plant a church. By faith our family stepped out and watched a house sell in a small town in a terrible housing market, by faith we saw God open up a three bedroom apartment on the ground floor, by faith God gave me an opportunity to serve as the RA for two apartments which pays for our rent, by faith our girls have transitioned to a new school, by faith we saw God begin to develop a core group at The Journey, by faith God...

Sorry about going through all of that, but I just needed a little reminder this morning that I am God's man, this is His plan, He died for His church, and these are His people I work with. When you think about it, that does not even require a lot of faith.

I think the world could use people right now that have faith in something other than politics, the housing market, or the stock market. Where are these people? They are in our churches! It is time for believers to step up and show our faith in God and His plan. It is time for us to be that salt and light to the world. It is time...

I for one am willing to learn all I can about faith so I can step up. What about you? Are you ready to lead in faith? Are you ready to make a difference? The opportunity is here, what will you do?

No comments: