Monday, September 29, 2008

Dreams Do Come True

What a great weekend I had. I spent some time with my family as we went to the mountains to perform our annual tradition of apple picking. My family did the picking while I did the watching. But it was fun just being with Karen and the girls. After being excited that the Univ. of S. California lost, I watched Clemson lose, Florida lose, and Georgia lose. What makes that so good is that I kept posted on the S. Carolina game and they won! How about that!

But one of the greatest things happened at The Journey when a dream that had started in my heart a couple of years ago came true. We completed our Class 101 and nine adults and 2 children are now members (we call them partners) of The Journey! I know the road is still long and filled with difficulties, but today I celebrate!

To add to that, our small group last night took time to discuss how we were going to connect with our neighbors and provide an environment for them to feel welcomed. It is so awesome to be around others with a like mind. It was such a great night that I don't think my mental movie could have been this good.

Now I look forward to this Sunday. The Journey is having it's first Celebration service. This church plant is quickly becoming a reality and I look forward to worshiping as a new church!

Has God done something in your life recently? If so, why not respond so that we can all celebrate together.

No comments: