Monday, October 6, 2008

Where Have I Been?

I may be presupposing that some missed my blogs, but I am sorry for not posting. As you may know we had our first preview service for The Journey on Sunday. It was an amazing time as we saw The Journey add a monthly celebration service.

Last week I was so focused on preparing for the sermon that I had little time for anything else. It is funny that I felt like I was preparing for my very first sermon. I studied, looked up the definition to words in the Greek, prayed, studied some more, prayed, read commentaries, prayed, studied. I wanted to make sure that I was as prepared as I possibly could be. I wanted to deliver a timely message and not just ramble about some thoughts.

I feel like I accomplished my goal and thinking about it now I think that is the way I should prepare for every message. May I never fill the pulpit again with a half-hearted message that contains more of my thoughts than God's.

Hopefully, I will get back to my regular postings as we continue to journey together through life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wish we could have been there. Did you guys tape the service
sandra

Anonymous said...

It was a wonderful message. I truly felt the Holy Spirit of God in that place. I pray and thank the Lord for you daily.