Thursday, May 29, 2008

Going on Vacation


Today is the girls last day of school so let me say Hooray for them! Tomorrow we start vacation in Daytona Beach, Florida so let me say Hooray for me! Since I won't be blogging much over the next week, let me leave you with the an idea about relationship building.


When you are building relationships sometimes you wonder if it really matters. I know we do it for God and He is a rewarder of those who are faithful, but sometimes it is nice to get back from someone when you are pouring so much out into other people.


The past few days have not been so good for me physically. The cross of Multiple Sclerosis has decided to launch an attack on my body. As a result I am having extreme difficulty walking which is leaving me a bit depressed. Yesterday I decided to email some friends just to ask them to pray for me. Here is what I received:



  • Multiple emails expressing concern for me and my family

  • Someone prayed for me instantly via email

  • Multiple phone calls wishing me well and asking what they could do

  • A visit from some friends last night bearing cookies

As I sat in my house last night surrounded by family and friends with an incredible amount of laughter I thought to myself, "Self, yes it is worth it!" I may not have much money, a large house, or even great health; but I do have some wonderful relationships in my life. I know I do not build relationships to get something, but a true relationship is there when you need it most!


Well, that's all I have for now, think I start thinking about what to take on vacation!



No comments: