Monday, May 5, 2008

Building Relationships


After a great weekend of preaching at Lake Murray Baptist and meeting with the Journey on Sunday evening, I am preparing for another busy week of building relationships. I spend so much time meeting people hoping to build a relationship that I wonder is it really worth it all? Just as I was thinking these thoughts, my answer came.


After visiting Java Jolt often the first couple of months living in Greenville, I had been away for over a month for one reason or another. When I returned after this time away, it happened! The people that worked at Java Jolt excitedly asked me where I had been and told me they were glad to see me.


Sometimes we wonder do people care. The answer is "yes" for the majority of people. We must take the God given opportunities to invest into the lives of others. They are looking for us and in some way expecting to see us. Who are you building a relationship with? Ask God to open your eyes this week to the people around you.


By the way, I did buy Mario Kart this weekend. Spent way too much time playing, but boy is it fun!

No comments: