Monday, December 1, 2008

A Week In DC


Each year our family tries to take a vacation during the week of Thanksgiving. We have gone to Mexico to visit some friends that were missionaries, attended the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York City, and this year we traveled to Washington DC.

It had been over 20 years since my last visit to the Nation's Capitol and I have to say that I was quite impressed. From the ease of maneuvering around the city via subway to the friendliness of every person we met, I do not know if our trip could have been any better. Oh, and by the way - Washington DC has to be the most handicap city in America (at least of the ones that I have visited).

The highlight of the week for me was visiting the White House. We had gone through Bob Inglis' office to set this tour up for us and it was worth it! It was hard to believe that we were standing in the House that the leader of the USA lives. The history of it all was a little overwhelming for me to comprehend, but each day I think I am grasping more of it.

Anyway, we are now home and trying to get back into the swing of things. I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and now are planning for a wonderful Christmas season.

No comments: