Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Book Club


Last night I had a book club meeting so guess what I did all day yesterday? Yep, I read a book - nothing like waiting until the last minute. The book our group read was The Shack.

I found it to be an incredible read. I do not want to comment on it in case you want to read it, but it did challenge my view of God. Is my view of God limited by my religious background? I would have to say yes. I limit God in my view of what I think He is. I also play God when I sit in the seat of judgment against others and even myself. But that is all I can say about that without giving away the book.

Most people I have talked to that have read the book loved it. Still I hear about others who hate it and encourage you not to read it. I would love to hear your comments about the book. If you have not read it, think about picking it up and begin to dialogue about the topic of God.

No comments: