Thursday, October 9, 2008

Be Doers!

What a week! Be careful what you preach because it just may be a preview of what your life will be. It is funny that after studying Scripture on faith, preaching about it, being challenged in our lives yesterday about living it, I am really exhausted. But I am so joyful right now - not just that God heard the prayers of many, but that He thought enough about me to teach me about Faith.

Too many times people want to learn new insights about God's Word so they can gain knowledge, appear to be a spiritual giant to others, gain the next degree, or just be able to prove a point. All of these miss the point of digging deep into the Scripture. We learn so we can put it to practice in our lives by loving God and being obedient to Him.

James 2:22 instructs us to be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.

So when we learn about faithfulness, but are too tired to spend time with God; or we learn about humility and find ourselves bragging; or we learn about loving our neighbors and talk about them behind their back - then what are we? Fools with a lot of head knowledge showing the world that we do not really care about following God!

This week I thank God for the opportunity to live out what I learned on Sunday. Without the opportunity to live out what I have learned then I will remain weak in my faith. Also, if I refuse to live out what I learn from the Scripture then am I a follower of Christ? That's one to think on this weekend.

By the way, Thank you to all who prayed for us yesterday. It is truly a blessing to know that we are not alone! Have a great weekend.

No comments: