Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I am a Rich Man


Well, the girls are off to school and I sit here reading my Bible in a very quiet house. I am reading Ephesians right now, which might I add is a very rich book about the promises of God. If you ever need to be encouraged, begin reading in Ephesians and see all the things God is promising you.

Anyway, Ephesians 2:7 says "that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Websters gives a couple of definitions of grace:
  1. the exercise of love, kindness, mercy, favor, disposition to benefit or serve another; favor bestowed or privilege conferred
  2. (Theol.) The divine favor toward man; the mercy of God, as distinguished from His justice; also any benefits His mercy imparts; divine love or pardon;a state of acceptance with God; enjoyment of the divine favor
I know that grace is a deeper subject than this one blog can handle, but too many times I equate grace as a past action that was accomplished at my salvation. But grace includes privileges for the believer their entire life. So I say that I am a rich man, why?
  • I have the greatest wife in all the world
  • I have two wonderful daughters
  • God gives me extra time to spend with my family
  • I have some great friends
  • God gave me free HDTV service for six months yesterday, a free DVR (thanks nice lady at Charter), a bluetooth headset for half-price, (yesterday was an amazing day)
All of these are things that make me rich, not because I deserve them but because grace includes God's goodness, not just one day but every day. So, are you rich? Why don't you begin a list of all the things that you have as a result of God being good.

Can't wait until this afternoon and I hear about how God is making my daughters rich at school today!

No comments: