Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Psalm 100 and Worship


Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth. Worship the LORD with gladness; come before him with joyful songs. Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations. Psalm 100

Here are some things out of Psalm 100 that I see related to worship:

  • Worship can be loud (shout to the Lord)
  • Worship is joyful and exciting (Worship the Lord with gladness; come before Him with joyful songs)
  • lost people cannot worship (know that the Lord is God)
  • we worship God because we were made for God (it is He who made us, and we are His)
  • we worship God because we have a master to follow (we are the sheep of His pasture)
  • worship is praising God for who He is (give thanks to Him and praise His name)
  • we worship God because of his unending love for us (For the Lord is good and His love endures forever)
  • we worship God for His faithfulness to all (His faithfulness continues to all generations)

Worship is not an event one time a week, it is the expression of a life that is following the Master, understanding that their is a plan and a purpose for their life. They are joyful in the fact that God is love and faithful to all. One who worships will not let situations stifle their worship, but give their heart, soul, strength, and mind to worshipping the One who paid the ultimate price for our salvation.

Sometimes I miss the mark in worship (many times if I am honest with myself). I allow events and circumstances in my life control my worship as they take my eyes off of Christ. As my faith grows weak, so does my worship. I know it is a difficult path, but I want to walk the path of worship, regardless of what is happening around me. May God lead and teach me in this journey of worship of Him!

No comments: